Almost every political or controversial topic on Wikipedia is infested with a far-left / woke slant, reflecting the make-up of its authoritarian editors. See The left-wing bias of Wikipedia, a scientific/academic article about Wikipedia’s bias, by pseudonymous authors.
From a, pre-censored Wikipedia article: 1
Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger has been critical of the online encyclopedia’s accuracy and neutrality since the early 2000s. In May 2020, he published an article in his personal blog describing Wikipedia as “badly biased” and stated that he believed it no longer had an effective neutrality policy, claiming that portions of the Donald Trump article are “unrelentingly negative” while the Barack Obama article “completely fails to mention many well-known scandals” and various other topics he claims are presented with liberal bias.
References for the above passage:
- Wikipedia Is Badly Biased by Larry Sanger (ex-cofounder of Wikipedia)
- Wikipedia co-founder slams Mark Zuckerberg, Twitter and the ‘appalling’ internet
- How Wikipedia Became a Battleground for Racial Justice
Wikipedia’s revision history however is useful in one way – in Unearthing heterodox views from Wikipedia. Indeed, the above passage was discovered in that manner.
- Inside Wikipedia’s leftist bias: socialism pages whitewashed, communist atrocities buried, Feb 18, 2021 (via)
- The face of crypto censorship on Wikipedia? (See Charles’ tweet)
- Craftily funneling donations to woke causes
- Elon Musk: “Wikipedia has a non-trivial left-wing bias.”