The first step to resist or undo Woke Invasion in your organization (or your psyche) is to thoroughly understand their creed Critical Race Theory, so as to uncover the fact that generally speaking woke disciples care less about the problems in the world than assuaging their self-centered ideological feelings. 1 The next step, obviously, is then to effectuate an elimination of the wannabe woke invaders from your organization by instituting a culture based on common sense values stripped of identity politics.
A sample of tech companies successfully extricating themselves out of Woke Invasion is presented below. What level of diplomacy you choose in your tactic is up to you; Brian Armstrong (Coinbase) and DHH (Basecamp) were demonstrably more diplomatic than Jesse Powell (Kraken).
- Coinbase: Coinbase is a mission focused company
Basecamp: Summary by u/Amadanb
- DHH, in Dec 2021: “If we’ve passed peak “woke”, and I sure hope we have, may it be followed soon thereafter with peak politics too.” – Are we past peak “woke”?
- DHH, in Nov 2022: “The DEI hegemony has gone from virtually unchallenged to come under severe stress.” – The waning days of DEI’s dominance
- DHH, in Apr, 2023: “It’s far easier to stand up to the [woke] golems today than it was a couple of years ago. At least in the realm of business. (Things still look pretty rough in academia!)” – Standing up to golems
- Kraken: https://twitter.com/jespow/status/1536978826344792064
Tucker: “So 80% [of Twitter staff] left [when you took over]. How do you run it with only 20% of the staff?
Elon: “It turns out you don’t need that many people to run Twitter.”
Tucker: “But that’s a lot.”
Elon: “If you’re not trying to run some glorified activist organization”
Organizations to watch out for
Ideologies to watch out for
- Gender Ideology
- US Supreme Court overturns race-based college admissions: “[Zhao’s] group argued that affirmative action had negatively affected Asian American students’ odds of enrolment at elite schools. “This decision will preserve meritocracy, which is the bedrock of the American dream” Mr Zhao said outside the court.”
- The Rise and Fall of the Chief Diversity Officer: “As evidence continues to mount that corporate and university DEI programs tend to increase racial hostility in a workplace, major companies across America are finally laying off DEI officers and getting rid of senior DEI roles.”
If there is one case study that I must pick as my favourite, it would be that of Grace.
- Grace: a report of how she resisted Woke Invasion in her non-profit organization in around year 2010, through clearly understanding Critical Race Theory.
- Pedro Domingos: Beating Back Cancel Culture: A Case Study from the Field of Artificial Intelligence
You may then publicly expose 2 the woke charlatans, as these do:
- A Slovak who studied in the USA: Today’s America reminds me of the times of our totalitarianism (Original)
- Survivor Of Mao’s China Stuns School Board With Chilling Warning About Critical Race Theory
- North Korean defector slams ‘woke’ US schools
- 艾未未 Ai Weiwei, likening the conformity of political correctness in the United States to the Cultural Revolution’s ideological cleansing
- David Heinemeier Hansson (DHH): Are we past peak “woke”?
So what would our tech bro saviors have found out if they had actually bothered to talk to anyone black? Well, at least this black person would have told them that calling the branch master is not offensive. Furthermore, black people as a collective are not triggered by words like master wherever they appear in the wild. Context people, context. Banning a word because you think it’s offensive is basically telling us what we should and should not be offended by. There are bigger problems around inclusivity that deserve our time, let us put this drive for change into those.
- Yours truly: Srid's notes on Wokeism
It is vital to realize that the woke really have no moral high ground. They are as corrupt (psychologically speaking) as the groups they criticize.
A lot of people still think all these [woke] folks are ‘nice but misguided’.
No. Some are. Especially the younger ones.
But a lot of malicious, wicked people hide under the ‘social justice’ umbrella and take glee in hurting others. Emotionally and physically. Then they play victim. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1644199998496677889