Clear Linux is an optimized Linux distribution by Intel.
It performs better than NixOS as desktop experience on X1C7, thus improving on X1C7 - Moderate Performance. In addition, the system is much more reliable, such as there not being any X1C7 WiFi issue (or Thunderbolt issues) so far.
- If using NVIDIA, its proprietary drivers must be manually installed (be sure to copy the long CLI commands in a text file before rebooting the computer post-nouveau-deactivation to avoid having to type them all)
- Brave browser: needs to be manually updated
- Flatpak install has broken terminal shell (uses some sandboxed shell); install vscode using .rpm instead.
settings sync: GitHub opens a new VSCode instance, and thus breaks. Manually copy-pasting the auth token in the original window works.
- Sometimes also Error code 801
- NixOS tracker discussion on adopting Clear Linux patches